Thursday, October 10, 2013

Something New



 I spent a little time this evening playing with my Gelli Plate. Watching a video on Carolyn Dude’s web site, A Colorful Journey, I became intrigued with a technique. Using cardboard and Tulip Dimensional Paint she made a texture plate. Cheap, disposable, original…. had to give it a try!  




 
I made the texture plate last evening, as it needed to be dry for stamping.




I stamped on some paper I had previously textured, using the Gelli Plate, with free-hand drawing and stencils.

Also on some plain paper.

I think it worked pretty well. 
If you are not familiar with the Gelli Plate, it is used for a monoprinting technique. Click here to see a video showing how it works.
 Also..........

I tried Martha Stewart’s Decoupage Glue and Sealer for the first time on the lining of the little green box. I really like it. It isn’t sticky and doesn’t leave streaks.  The box is covered with paper I made using the Gelli Plate. Little green box is finished!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment