Monday, October 14, 2013

A Bit of Disappointment


Over the weekend I had an opportunity to visit a Dick Blick store for the first time. Looking at their catalog as well as online, I made a list and told my husband to bring his iPad as I expected to be there awhile. Expecting a mega art store, I was a bit disappointed. Located near the Washington University campus in St. Louis, it is primarily a store for fine arts and didn’t have a lot for mixed media artists. However I did spot a nice display of hand crafted paper.
 

I came home with these two.
                                                                                                              




 
 

   And added them to the ones I bought in Savannah a few years ago.
I love the papers but haven’t a clue as how to use them. They are so pretty I hesitate to cut or tear and certainly don't want to paint or cover them. I welcome your ideas.
  
 

Love the new stamp I picked up at Ephemera Paducah! I used it on a note card for one of my granddaughters.
 
 
I will leave you with this little jewel; a link to the blog of a local artist and friend of mine, Carol’sArt. Be sure to look at her journals under the Mixed Media tab.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment