Sunday, January 10, 2016

Soul, my 2016 Word of the Year



As HR and I embrace our retirement years, we realize we are entering the finale. We are determined to make the most of our golden years. With that in mind, I chose soul as my 2016 word of the year. This year I want to do more of the things that feed my soul and less of the should do's, always have done, things others expect me to do, etc.

What feeds my soul?

Traveling around this great country of ours with my best friend and soul mate, definitely. It does take me out of The Underground for extended periods of time, but I do have a spot on The Wanderer to keep art and craft supplies, a drawing kit and my sweet little Featherweight sewing machine.

Spending time with our daughter-in-law and granddaughters, especially when we are crafting. If all goes as planned, we will spend the month of March in a RV park near their home. I believe they have begun a list of things we can make.

Time spent with friends, sipping wine on the porch, riding bikes, caravanning in the R V or doing whatever comes our way. Now that the upgrade is completed, I hope to spend more time is in my studio with my crafty friends.

We have reached the stage in our lives where we have more time than money, some of our financial contributions will need to be replaced with our sweat and talents. We are in discussion about how we can give back while feeding our souls. Not yet a plan, we do have a couple of exciting ideas.





I have hung this sign with my previous word of the year signs in the entrance to the studio as a reminder to do those things that feed my soul.












If you have a word for 2016, please share in the comments.

To see how I make my signs, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment