Monday, June 2, 2014

Butcher Paper Collage

So, exactly what do you do at Ephemera Paducah? This is a question I am frequently asked by my non-crafting friends. Well, mostly I play. Sometimes I attend classes or participate in workshops. At a recent  Mixed Media Club we explored making butcher paper collage. The group graciously gave me permission to show these photos.  Using the technique found in Art Journal Freedom by Dina Wakely, we started by applying paint to a sheet of cardstock. Using Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray, we sprayed over stencils. To add some interest, we dip lids into paint and stamped the painted cardstock. For even more interest we thinned acrylic paint, loaded it onto a brush and let it drip down the paper.






 

When the collage paper was dry, we tore it into small pieces and adhered it to butcher paper with gel medium. We added tissue paper, book pages and other papers for interest. (I am trying to love the Dylusions Ink Spray, but so far it isn’t happening. I get frustrated when the ink smears into the gel medium, especially if I am using print like from a dictionary.)


After the butcher paper collage was dried, we used it to make covers for these little books.


Using the same technique, I made a bigger Wink journal!
 

 
 





.
.
 

Mixed Media Club meets the third Thursday of the month at EphemeraPaducah, corner of Madison and 9th Street. Located in the Lowertown Art District, the studio has a large space for working and Kristin generously shares her tools, stamps, paint, ephemera, etc. It is a fun way to try tools, products and techiques.  Currently we are working our way through Art Journal Freedom by Dina Wakely.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment