Saturday, October 7, 2017

The sabbatical is over

and I am back in the studio. Well, I was back in the studio, but currently I am in Texas. Since retirement a couple of years ago, I have been on the road as much as I have been at home.

Over the summer we did an epic western USA tour in The Wanderer. I won’t bore you with a bunch of photos or details, but will share a few art and craft finds.

In Eugene, Oregon we stumbled across Mindy’s Needlepoint Shop.

In addition to fabulous needlepoint canvases, she had an overwhelming amount of embroidery and needlepoint thread, a huge selection of the cutest buttons and a collection of “Outside the Box” unique, boutique style clothing and jewelry. (I came away with some embroidery thread and a really cute tunic.)

While in Eugene, we visited Aragon Alpaca Farm. Ann Dockendorf showed us around the farm and

her shop, A Spinners Barn.
A haven for knitters and spinners!

While in Seattle, I had to explore the artsy community, Pioneer Square.
In Santa Fe we explored Georgia O’keefe Museum
In Taos we spent a whole afternoon exploring galleries and shops.

I have to share a couple of ideas for crafting with wine corks we found while wine tasting in Washington and Oregon.
Will do this one,
this one, probably not.


I would like to say I am in Texas for an art retreat, arts and craft show or maybe a workshop, but actually we are here for football. I did pack some embroidery and drawing material. Perhaps I will create a fabulous piece of art to share……. (more likely I will share some sincere attempts.)

Gig'em Aggies!



No comments:

Post a Comment