Thursday, March 17, 2016

Have Featherweight, Will Travel

And oh how I love this travel companion!





She allows me to continue to make these handy dandy phone sleeves which I carry much more often than a purse. Following Sher Hastings directions, I increased the size to accommodate a larger phone. I can slip a small coin purse, shopping list, coupons, etc. in the pocket. Note the prairie points, my first. I continue to be amazed at all the free online instructions! I found these at PatchworkPosse.







For a friend, my Featherweight and I made this flag. After helping launch Tipsy Tuesday on our patio, my friend is now living in Montana. She wanted a flag with cows and mountains so she could continue the tradition out west. The cows and mountains were created with stencils using freezer paper, my Silhouette Portrait and craft paint.


I think my granddaughter also likes the little Featherweight and the Silhouette. 






She made a purse tissue cover for her friend who, like Camille, is a ballerina. The image is a silhouette of her friend which I created in Photoshop Elements (yes, I am exploring the PSE 14 and I like it! The magic eraser is really great for removing backgrounds.) With assistance Camille created a freezer paper stencil using my Silhouette Portrait. Since both girls had the role of a dragonfly in the recent production of Cinderella, she added a little dragonfly.







Wanting to add a Cinderella photo to my digital picture frame and knowing photos from the Northwest Florida Ballet Company were copyrighted, I got creative.
Camille’s mom took some good photos at the dress rehearsal, but they had an unflattering background.


















Once again, PSE 14 to the rescue! Using that marvelous magic eraser I got rid of the background. Using the gradient tool, I created another background on to which I moved both photos.
 Viola!


You can take the crafter out of the studio, but that doesn’t stop her creativity! I will be back in the studio in a couple of weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment