We are making progress. If the weather cooperates, new counters will be installed this weekend. Why is the weather a factor? The entrance to the studio, which once was a garage below our 1930-something home, has a significant slope. It has been covered with snow and ice for the past two weeks, until I was able to scrape in clean yesterday. This is the only way to get large items (like the cabinet below and the 6 and10-ft counter tops into the studio.) As I write this post, there is a steady downpour of rain which is predicted to turn into ice and up to 8-inches of snow. My optimistic friends assure me this accumulation will melt in a day or two. Fingers are crossed!
About this cabinet;
I asked HR to build something to hold my portfolios and large drawing pads and with a shelf to store my drawing box. This is what he came up with; a 72-inch cabinet with four shelves, three are adjustable. His rationale; “I knew you would want more storage space and I would just as soon build it now than later.” Does this man know me or what?