Monday, May 5, 2014

Burlap Pillow


My Silhouette Portrait came through for me once again! Needing a housewarming gift for some special friends, I used the Silhouette Portrait to cut a stencil from freezer paper (a technique I found on the Silhouette School web site.) After ironing the stencil to the burlap, I stamped it with black outdoor craft paint.  It did take a couple of tries to get all the letters to come out crisp. I think I have the stamping technique down so it should be easier next time. (Mainly, just blot dauber before stamping and use a straight up and down motion.)

This pillow reminds me of the ones found at stores like Pottery Barn; doing them myself I can customize with my own words and images.

Love my Silhouette Portrait! Those of you reading this that have a Silhouette, I would love to know what you are making with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment