Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's in the Cards!


Inspired by The Art of Corresponding classes at Ephemera Paducah, here are the Thank You notes my friends and family received after Christmas. With my AADD, I wasn’t able to stay with one particular style or technique.

I used the Silhouette Portrait to make this card. Although there is a significant learning curve, it is amazingly fun to use!

 
 
I saw a tutorial on OWH about using the 6 X 6 sheets, headed out to Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon, bought a 6 X 6 pad and made these two cards using two coordinating sheets from the pad. The technique made selecting papers very easy.
















 
 
Tangling white on black is a technique I had wanted to try. I like it!
 



On this one, I drew the Pussy Willow branch and used the Silhouette to cut a cardinal image.



 

This one is my favorite as I love mixed media! Not knowing how the embellishments increase postal rates, I hand delivered it to a neighbor.


 

This coming Thursday (January 17), we will be making Valentines in the Art of Corresponding class at Ephemera Paducah. I hope to do some embossing. Since I do not own an embosser, I will take advantage of the embosser at Ephemera. One of the reasons I love these classes is I don’t have to buy and store all of the so many tools!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment