Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Silhouette and Drop Cloths

Last weekend we hosted our annual Texas Barbecue. We were excited to have Blue Bell Ice Cream back on the menu as it is the official ice cream of Texas. (It was missed last year as production had stopped due to listeria.)  To celebrate its return I thought we should give it some star attention (actually I was looking for an excuse to play with my Silhouette Portrait.) I had seen all the chatter on Pinterest about the use of canvas drop cloths; it was a no-brainer.  


If you have been following my blog, you know about freezer paper stencils for fabric. It worked so very well on the drop cloths! For these projects I used inexpensive craft paint.

Our tablecloths were also made from canvas drop cloths.  I think I paid $11 or $12 for a 15 by 4 ft. drop cloth which I cut in half to have two 71/2 by 4 ft. table cloths. That isn’t much more than the plastic cloths I have bought in the past. They washed and ironed beautifully, looked so much better and can be used again and again. I may even stencil on them!

The party was a success even though I could not find the Howdy banner I made a few years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment