Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year Cards

I decided years ago getting Christmas cards mailed was one holiday stress I could eliminate. Instead I take advantage of the post-Christmas calm and send Holiday or New Year cards.  It is a much less busy time so I can add a more personal touch and I can respond to the notes I receive.

I only send to folks I do not see on a regular basis and those that are not my Facebook friends. And, yes I do enclose a brief Christmas letter. I find it very disappointing to receive a card from someone with whom I have not been in touch and find just a signature. I want to know what is going on in their lives!

I had almost enough cards from previous years to send this season (maybe someone will get the same card two years in a row, but really, does one ever notice?) I needed about 5 more, so while HR was occupied watching bowl games, I made enough to finish this year’s mailing.

My New Year resolution is to improve my photos! I am open to suggestions from you. 
The designs were cut with my Silhouette Portrait.

Using Microsoft Publisher, I printed the inside sentiments on white card stock, two from an 8.5 X 11-inch sheet. After they were cut, I scored and folded and attached the front.


And par for the course, I ran out of tape runner!  If I make a quick trip to the store this morning I can still get these in the mail in time for folks to receive them before New Year's Day.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and your stockings were filled with craft supplies. (I wish I had told Santa in addition to kneaded erasers, blending stumps and fresh cutting blades I could use some tape runners.)


My New Year wish for you is for many hours happily crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment