Sunday, July 6, 2014

Painted Cushions





It has been a bustling late spring and early summer in and out of The Underground! Travels, granddaughter visit, weed battles in the garden and our annual Texas BBQ have kept me hopping! I think the next few weeks will be a bit slower; at least that is what I am hoping. I am ready to work on projects for our new screened porch, which is almost completed.

Yes, HR built it!

While searching Pinterest for decorating ideas, I happened upon a pin for painting fabric. Sounded like a great way to spruce up faded outdoor cushions.

Using Martha Stewart Fabric Medium and craft paint, I followed a link and revived a couple of bistro chair cushions. They look great, but feel a bit stiff, yet comfortable enough to sit on. They haven’t been through a rain so I don’t know how well the paint will hold up when drenched.

I used 1 ½ ounces of medium (cost$5.99 for 6 oz.) and 1 ½ bottles of craft paint (1 part medium to 2 parts paint,) so I figure it cost around $3 for both cushions. For that price, the cushions aren’t really that stiff!

No comments:

Post a Comment